Monday, April 11, 2011

It’s Not Just Black and White

I love the skin color of the African people. It’s a beautiful, glowing brown from the color of dusk to mahogany to a shady beach. It makes the smiles brighter and the eyes more alive. It has this wrinkle free texture that makes people look the same age from 16 to 45.



I have pondered the scriptures, knowing that the Lord made us all and loves us all. I am reminded that to the Lord all things are spiritual. So when he talks of sinners who become “a dark and lothesome people”, he is not talking of the physical appearance, but of the spiritual appearance. In the same way, when people become “white and delightsome”, I believe it is a spiritual change, not necessarily a physical one.


I went out one morning and saw these leaves on the Mango tree. The leaves are actually the same dark green color. What makes the difference? The light shining through them. I think the dark leaves are the natural man. And the illuminated leaves are what happen when we let the light of Christ shine in our lives.



In people of all colors I have seen the gospel shine in their lives making them “delightsome.” And I have seen the Spirit of the Lord depart from them making them indeed look unhappy and angry-- “dark and lothesome”—regardless of the color of their skin.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! Please teach me to see things the way you do! You look deeper than most of us do, and you have a beautiful way of writing about it. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete