Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Me and my Quilt

We needed to bring something that described or identified us to the Couples Thanksgiving day. I chose this quilt that I made. It’s made with small pieces pulled from a sack of throw-away scraps from a tailor. Like life, we are often not handed things in full cloth. We have to put our lives together. Sometimes someone’s reject is our treasure.

We get to choose the pattern for our lives like I chose the pattern for the quilt.

This quilt was made as I went. I chose the fabrics, but I didn’t know how many squares I could make with the scraps. Once I got the squares and organized them, I needed to figure out the border. Like life, it’s a make-it-as-you-go project.

The quilt is imperfect. My backing ended up too small and I had to piece an extra piece onto it. But life is imperfect too, and we need to fix it and move on. Even in its imperfection, it can still be a thing of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment