Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cookies, Missionary Style

Today was the day I resolved to make cookies; not just any mind you. Eleanor's Cookies; I am not sure she would have approved of some of the techniques I used, but when it comes to chocolate chip cookie withdrawal, you do what ever it takes. You will note that the dishpan did double duty as the mixing bowl. And no bosch or kitchen aide mixer for us, we stir by hand. I made the ultimate sacrifice in making these cookies; of the seven bags of chips we brought, I gave one away as a Christmas gift and used one for today's feature. We only have one wire rack in the oven, which is too small to accommodate a real size cookie sheet; so we only have a little cookie sheet to put on that one rack. We do, however, have a slide in solid tray, seen below that was used to cook the cookies on as well. Take careful notice of the bright colored 'cooling racks' (bath towel). Every kitchen needs one of these!
Let there be no doubt, the cookies turned out great! Even the missionaries said so! And, yes, Rebecca, the dough tasted heavenly too.
[Sandy Speaking] I had been craving Mexican food and so last night I made flour tortillas. This time they turned out excellent. I used a plaid dish towel to roll them out on. When I could see the plaid through the dough, they were thin enough. And we had burritos and they were tasty. And today I made salsa and tonight tacos. Mmmm. I feel like home with tacos and chocolate chip cookies!

3 comments:

  1. We made those this week too! There are none left. Burp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they do look delicious! Well done! Way to persevere. :) Miranda

    ReplyDelete