Monday, February 1, 2010

A fit of insanity

My hair was getting longer and longer. What to do? I fell to asking strange women in Nakumatt where they got their hair cut. Nairobi. We weren't going back there for weeks. And the sister who usually cuts my hair is finishing her mission in March. I thought about letting it grow long. Maybe even a pony tail. But it's hot here.
-
So this morning I got out the scissors and a comb and set to work cutting my own hair. Note the scissors and comb are not your typical haircutting kind. Tom was a big help. I held the hair in back and he cut. I believe this was another miracle. It actually turned out okay. If you compare it with the last post's photo, you can see it is shorter. So now I know if I have to do it... Tom and I can cut my hair. The rug in the bathroom, on the other hand, may have accquired a new texture.

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love it! And it does look good. Thank goodness for hair that has body to hide the little imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, it looks terrific! I've heard it said that we make use of only a small percentage of what we can really do. Who knew you were a hair stylist? OK, so Tom helped. It was your FIRST hair cut. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know the feeling of wondering what to do when you don't have much time or know of anyone to do it for you. Even on the mission in Georgia I cut my own hair, except for one time. Yours does look wonderful. Missionaries do well with making do (besides just a hairdo), huh?
    Sister Blain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! The Lord will provide, won't he?!

    ReplyDelete