Friday, December 25, 2009

Mitini Primary Video (may be slow to load)


I heard the primary children singing, “Search, Ponder, and Pray” and they were so sweet, I asked if I could videotape them singing it. The tune varied some from the hymn book, but considering they have no piano, no CD player—just rote learning, they were great! If I can blog it I will. I’ve been wanting you to hear their lovely accents.



These are the words to the song, so you can understand what you hear. I thought I uploaded the first verse. but you actually hear the second one;



Verse one:

I love to read the Holy Scriptures, ‘cause every time I do

I feel the spirit start to grow within my heart, a testimony that it’s true.

Verse two:

So carefully I'll read the scriptures, each day my whole life through.

I'll come to understand, I'll heed the Lord's Commands, and live as he would have me do.


Chorus:

Search, Ponder, and Pray are the things that I must do.

The spirit will guide, and deep inside, I’ll know the scriptures are true."




2 comments:

  1. This is so precious Sister Fox! I cried and cried, they are so precious I wanted to take them in my arms and let them know how wonderful they sounded and how much the spirit touched me while listening. I'll say it again Sister Fox no matter where you are in the world the Gospel is the same there in Africa as it is here in Missouri. We just have to roll up our sleeves and DO THE WORK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was wonderful! It looks like a terrific primary group! I'm so impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete