Monday, May 31, 2010

If you have the runs, can it be a slow day?

Tender mercies come in odd ways. Sometimes just the timing is appreciated. Tom ate breakfast at 6:30 Sunday morning and didn't come in for another meal until 6:30 pm. The meal didn't sit well with him as shortly he was sitting elsewhere and it went downhill from there. Achy stomach, hot flashes, nausea. Poor boy was miserable. But how fortunate he was able to accomplish all he had to do on Sunday before succumbing.

His night was interrupted by trips and in the am he was some better but still drained. This was the day of the funeral service for Elizabeth at the church. He did a few small things and then went back to bed. I played the piano and spoke. We wrote what each room was for on the chalkboards and the missionaries took a few people through the building as an "open house" afterwards.

There are always rumors that this is a devil church. I find it astonishing that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints-- that speaks of Christ, pray in Christ's name, lives as Christ teaches and obeys the commandments of Jesus Christ is called a devil church. I should take comfort that the pharisees said Jesus was of the devil, too (in Matthew 12, I think.) But the illlogicality of it all just boggles my mind. Anyhow, the open house was an attempt to show the error of those rumors. I certainly hope the message of the funeral was even more effective.

Tom is napping again. I've read scriptures and even caught up on facebook a little. I need to type some testimonies of the sisters here, but indeed, this afternoon has been nicely relaxing for me... and I hope healing for Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment